Multi-family Radon Mitigation
South Dakota | Nebraska | Wyoming
Radon Mitigation for Multi-Family Homes
Blackburn Basement Systems is proud to provide complete radon mitigation services for all types of multi-family homes, including apartments and condominiums. The many services we offer include the following:
- Radon inspections and tests
- Free mitigation estimates
- Individualized mitigation system designs
- New mitigation system installation and setup for multi-family dwellings
- Activation of existing mitigation systems
As the dangers of radon gas have been increasingly uncovered, numerous government departments in the United States have created improved safety guidelines for homeowners of multi-family dwellings. For example, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Department of Energy, the Department of Health and Human Services and the Environmental Protection Agency along with the White House Council on Environmental Quality worked together to create the Advancing Healthy Housing Strategy in 2013.
One primary focus of the Advancing Healthy Housing Strategy was on radon testing and mitigation services in all types of multi-family homes, including apartments and condominiums. New laws state that all multi-family homes must undergo radon testing if they are to receive financing or refinancing through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Those homes that test at or above the current recommendations of 4 picocuries per liter will require radon mitigation systems to be installed.
It is important to start today in protecting your multi-family dwelling from dangerous radon gases. Contact Blackburn Basement Systems of South Dakota, Nebraska and Wyoming today at 1 (800) 392 3389 to take the first step in creating a healthier dwelling.
Professional Radon Mitigation Setup
Another key requirement from the HUD is the need for professional supervision by a certified radon technician over mitigation system installation. The law does not allow for do-it-yourself system installations, which is particularly important in apartments and other types of multi-family housing for many reasons, including the following:
- A radon mitigation system in a multi-family dwelling clearly affects many individuals and families. Therefore, it is vital to install and set up the system correctly the first time.
- Larger foundations, such as those found beneath apartment buildings, can pose many challenges when setting up a new mitigation system. Smaller mitigation companies may not have enough technicians or the proper equipment for such large-scale operations. However, a licensed radon mitigation technician from Blackburn Basement Systems has the knowledge, experience and necessary equipment to provide service in large multi-family buildings.
- While mitigation system installation is important, proper maintenance and upkeep is vital for continued safety in the building. Experienced, certified radon mitigation professionals will be able to provide this service and can be counted on to discover even seemingly minor problems that could cause major issues in the future.
If you would like to receive more information about radon mitigation system installation and testing from Blackburn Basement Systems in South Dakota, Nebraska and Wyoming or if you need radon testing at your multi-family dwelling, contact us today at 1 (800) 392-3389.